Fair Trade sits at the heart of everything we do. We buy many of our clothes from UK wholesalers like Gringo, Siesta, Shared Earth, and others who are members of BAFTS. We have been working with these suppliers for over 20 years or more, from when we had our shop in Brighton and have an excellent relationship with them. Whenever we can, we will always buy fair trade clothing to sell on our site.
We are very proud to be awarded Friends of BAFTS status and are working towards full membership.
Some of the key points of a fair trade relationship:
- Accepting a fair price instead of imposing a price
- Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers
- Payment up front
- No child labour or any forced labour
- Good and safe working conditions
- Respect for the environment
- Zero discrimination