We're right on the cusp of the British summer festival season. A handful of early bird festivals are braving the unpredictable spring weather as usual, but the bulk of the fun takes place from early June onwards.
If you're still wondering what on earth to wear for the festival experience of a lifetime, The Hippy Clothing Co. is here to help. I thought it'd be cool to take a look at three of the best hippy fashion outfits, created with love from our huge collection of delicious Bohemian style clothing.
3 beautiful festival outfits for summer 2014
First, we thought we'd put together something really girly and pretty, perfect for steaming hot summer days and about as feminine as it gets.
- Take our lovely Coline flower top - a delightfully light and floaty top in soft 100% cotton, complete with lace panels and a low drawstring waist.
- Throw on a colourful contrasting scarf - we particularly like the combination of the oranges and pinks in the top and the sweet, pretty greens and pinks in our mint green flower scarf.
- What about your bottom half? How about our stunning flower skirt, which features the same kind of colours and tones as the Coline flower top? It looks amazing with chunky flat boots, really cool with girly flats and even looks pretty damn stylish with baseball boots. Whatever floats your boho boat!
Second, this one's for you if all that vibrant colour is a bit much and you prefer to create a subtler, more serious and mysterious look.
- Take a pair of our fantastic value, uber-cool Coline three quarter length leggings with neat ties. They're incredibly flattering thanks to the Spandex in the fabric (which is exactly like Lycra) and they come in basic black or a superb, subtle olive green.
- Team your leggings with a rich burned-out looking black strappy vest, with a subtle pattern that lends it a funky 3d look.
- Top it off with our lightweight black trench coat, made from rich printed flock-pattern fabric with a hugely flattering silhouette, as practical as it is stylish
- Too black? You can always accessorise it with something from our large selection of hippy-style jewellery, many of which are made from natural gemstones.
The next outfit is for sophisticated ladies who love the hippy look but want to retain a clean feminine outline.
- Take one of our fabulous pencil-style skirts with a difference. They're colourful and unusual, and their classic straight outline is so flattering. How about our purple and black pencil skirt with hand-embroidery?
- Throw on a gorgeous, bright tie dye vest top with a racer style back, nice and tight with a close fit, perfect for showing off festival-browned shoulders and providing a really pretty silhouette.
- Chilly? You can't go wrong with our delicate, cobwebby shrugs. We stock zillions of wonderful colours, but why not add a black one to highlight the colours of the top and skirt? They're amazing value, too. I saw them on sale last weekend in a posh shop in Haywards Heath, Sussex, for £25 each, but we sell them for just £10.99. Bargain!
Our lovely hippy fashion and boho chic clothing is great value for money, well made and often includes unique hand embroidery and hand-crafted décor. Shop here for your festival fashion and you'll cut a proper dash for 2014.